Eugene In-Office Same-Day Crown, Bridges, and Veneers
Eugene Reconstructive Dental Care
Single-Visit Crowns, Bridges, and Veneers
Has an injury or decay left you feeling insecure and hesitant to smile? Let Doctor Tillman help you regain your smile, and freely laugh with confidence without having to wear a temporary crown or schedule a follow-up appointment.
Dr. Tillman and our Eugene team will create a personalized treatment plan to design, mill, and place a completely custom-made crown in a single visit using our in-house CEREC, an innovative machine that allows us to make your custom crown the same day.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
Learn About Our CEREC Machine
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak or cracked tooth to hold it together and keep it from breaking
- To restore a broken or severely worn tooth
- To support and cover a tooth with a large filling
- To hold in place a dental bridge
- To cover misshapen or discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To make cosmetic modifications
What is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges span the gap created by one or more missing teeth, providing a balanced bite, larger chewing surface and stability for existing teeth.
A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap used as anchors. These crowns are called abutment teeth. Dental bridges are supported by natural teeth or implants.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
- Restore your smile
- Provide the foundation to properly chew and speak
- Positively impact the shape of your face
- Distributes the force of your bite
- Keeps natural teeth in their proper position
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental or porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made tooth-colored shells designed to bond to the front of the tooth to change create a better appearance.
Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers. Porcelain also better mimic the reflective properties of your natural teeth.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Discoloration due to reasons that can include root canals or even certain drugs.
- Excessive wearing of natural teeth
- Chips or breaks
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shapes
- Large gaps between teeth